Marketing and Development Officer
We are the Backstage Conference Team, and our goal is to provide development opportunities for theatre professional across the entire industry. Last year in March, we launched the first ever Backstage Professional Development Conference at the Barbican Centre, and we are delighted to announce that it will be returning next year. This time, we are planning an even bigger, better conference with more attendees, more sponsors, improved sessions, and brand-new sessions covering more disciplines. In order for us to achieve these goals, we need your help!
We need someone to join the Team to help us with our current task of planning and organising the next BPDC, taking place at the Barbican on Saturday 14th of April 2018. The Team is composed entirely of theatre professionals, all of which currently work full-time in the industry. We have all volunteered our personal time towards this new and exciting project.
Are you someone who has keen interest in the Development of the Theatre Industry? Are you interested in gaining experience and/or expanding your skills in Marketing and Development for Arts Organisations? We are looking for a motivated individual to bring new ideas to the table, and have the drive and confidence to see their ideas and initiatives through to fruition.
We will need to manage your own work, during your spare time throughout the year in the build-up to the Conference, and attend occasional meetings with the rest of the Team. We’d like to highlight once more that this is an unpaid role, and we recognise that this will have to work around your paid job commitments. We hope that you will be able to see the importance and the benefits of this project as much as we do, and help us towards it being a success!
- Writing promotional emails and newsletters
- Managing distribution lists and contacts
- Managing and overseeing a Marketing Campaign
- Overseeing all social media
- Managing online advertising and content
- Promoting the BPDC Brand
- Assisting the BPDC Team with fundraising
- Furthering audience outreach
- Performing market research
- Analysing performance statistics
- Organisation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, self-manage and work well within a Team
- Ability to manage a small team
- Confident individual willing to share opinions
- Understanding of how to engage with our audience and followers on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Interest in the Development of the Theatre Industry
- General knowledge of the Theatre Industry and Theatre Companies
- Flexibility to work in a sociable environment
Ongoing up to and including Saturday 14th April 2018
The chosen person needs to be fully available on Saturday 14th April 2018 to support the smooth running and live social interaction of the Conference.
How to Apply:
Please send us a personal statement detailing why you are interested in joining the Backstage Conference Team!
Sunday 10th September 2017